Volunteers are always needed!
You'll find lots of volunteer opportunities with Leech Lake Legacy, whether at our clinics on Leech Lake Reservation, or locally in the Twin Cities.
Our clinic volunteers bring a wide variety of skills and experiences, and work directly with the people and animals of Leech Lake Reservation. Depending on the type of clinic, volunteers can be on site for up to four days working in the following roles:
- clinic set-up and take-down (including clean-up)
- patient welcoming
- animal care for spay/neuter patients
- animal care for surrendered animals
- wellness clinic intake
- wellness vets and techs
- spay/neuter clinic intake
- clinic support - volunteer meals, transporting animals and supplies
- clinic photographer
Clinic work can be exhausting, but it is infinitely rewarding.
Our Twin Cities volunteers fill a number of important roles vital to the success of our programs:
- picking up donated pet food and supplies
- doing clinic and transport laundry
- cleaning clinic and transport crates
- sourcing or preparing meals for clinic volunteers
- planning and running our fundraising events (Lagers for Legacy, Photos with Santa)
- trimming nails at our monthly Chuck & Don's fundraising events